Follow along for an in-depth guide on how Phin's onboarding campaigns work and how to use them!
Note: If your company has the Azure user sync enabled, there will also be an option for Group Campaigns.Pre-Reading:
What is an onboarding campaign in Phin?
An onboarding campaign is meant to deliver a batch of training to a user at the time of hiring or starting a new one with Phin!
Who will be added to the audience of my onboarding campaign?
As you're creating your new Onboarding Campaign you'll have the option to choose from fixed or dynamic audiences just like on other campaign types. However, there are some caveats to remember regarding Onboarding Campaigns:
The audience type can’t be changed in the editor (post original creation)
Users cannot be removed from the audience after changes have been saved
Before changes are saved, a user can be moved in and any moved-in users (before saving), can be moved out
For dynamic audiences, once you have created an onboarding campaign, any new user added to the Phin tenant who matches the audience filter will be enrolled in the campaign.
Note: Onboarding campaigns only support new users. Any user that is in the company before the campaign is created is not eligible to be enrolled in the campaign.
Below are the audience filter types supported by onboarding campaigns:
- Company: This will include all active users added to the company after the campaign is created.
- Department: This will include any active user added to the company with a department name field matching the name that is selected.
- Supervisor: This will include any active user added to the company with a supervisor name field matching the Supervisor email that is selected.
- Group: This will include any active user added to the company that is a member of the selected Azure group. This will only be available for companies with the Azure sync enabled.
When are the training courses sent for an onboarding campaign?
When a new user is added to an onboarding campaign, all the training in that campaign will be assigned to them immediately. After a short delay, the user should receive an email letting them know that they have been assigned training and providing a link to the Learning Management System.
Creating an Onboarding Campaign
To restart the video, Click Tourial and then Restart Tour.
1. To create an onboarding campaign, select 'Onboarding' in the Campaign Type. Don't forget to fill out the name and description as well!
2. Select the audience type for this campaign, whether fixed or dynamic. For dynamic audiences this filter will be applied to all users who are added new to Phin after the campaign is created. Dynamic audiences will continue growing and updating as users are added to the company.
Note: If your company has the Azure user sync enabled, there will also be an option for Group Campaigns.
If instead, you want to set up an audience that will not automatically change as users are added to the company, choose the 'Fixed' option. The 'Fixed' audience builder will allow you to select each user that you want in the campaign by clicking the '+' on the left of each user.
3. The next step in the process is to pick the training courses that will be used in the onboarding training campaign. You can select as many training courses as you'd like using the checkboxes on the left of the table. For more information on when and how these courses will be delivered, see the Pre-reading at the top of this article!
4. You can also view some details about the course by clicking the 'i' icon or preview the course itself using the 'eye' icon.
5. The last step for creating the campaign is to take a last look at the curriculum, then press launch to start the campaign!
6. Once you launch, you will be redirected to the training dashboard and you will see your newly created campaign!
And that's it! The campaign is now created and active. The campaign will serve the selected training to any newly added user who matches the audience. If you would like to learn about editing Onboarding Campaigns, please read this article.
To learn about viewing stats on the courses assigned to this company, check out this article!
To learn about sending reminders about assigned courses, check out this article!
As always we are looking to iterate based on your feedback! If you'd like to request an improvement to this feature, please use our feature request tool found here!